Saturday, November 15, 2008

Alternative to Crystal Report?

A couple of days back, I faced a problem deploying my asp.net web application. The application uses Crystal Reports, and there is no support for Crystal Report at the hosting (Our hosting company does not provide Crystal reports anyway).

After finding around for some free reporting tools I found LogiReport (support?) and then I gave up. And finally thought to use Reports provided by .net (RDLC), after ignoring it for a long time. Who wants to buy Crystal Report redistributable license?

If you have been working with Crystal Reports, you will find it difficult to us! But it worths it.

So my answer to "Alternative to Crysal Reports" is "Reports provided by .net"

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:50 AM

    You might be interested in Bluyah, an online reporting tool:

    http://www.bluyah.com

    ReplyDelete